The best part of any holiday meal is the side dishes, and this show stopper soufflé offers a delicious low carb alternative.
Cauliflower and my favorite winter root vegetable the parsnip, steamed, pureed, folded with beaten egg, and baked into a light and fluffy soufflé. Finished with pecans and parmesan cheese for a satisfying golden crown to adorn this lovely soufflé.
Mastering the Holiday Meal
Now if you’re reading words like ‘soufflé’ and feeling a little nervous, never fear, I have created a step by step guide to help you be the gourmet at home, and still enjoy the party!
You’ll find step by step instructions with a series of short videos to help you plan out your meal, which recipes to make in advance, and the exact order to make it all in and arrive at the table unfazed.
This recipe is included in the guide plus a full three-course menu to help you pull off a spectacular holiday meal.
I know you’re going to love this gourmet at-home menu,
Cauliflower & Parsnip Soufflé with Pecan Topping
- Total Time: 60
- Yield: 8 1x
A great low carb alternative, cauliflower and parsnip puree baked into a fluffy souffle and topped with pecan and parmesan.
1 Head of Cauliflower, approximately 1.5 Lb.
4 large Parsnips, approximately 1.5 Lb.
6 Eggs, separated
4 oz Cream Cheese
½ tsp. Lake Barkley Fried Chicken Seasoning
1 tsp. Salt
½ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
½ cup Pecans, chopped
- Separate the cauliflower into large florets, and peel and chop the parsnips.
- Heat a large steamer pot and steam the vegetables until soft.
- Prepare a 10-inch casserole dish with butter.
- Puree the vegetables in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and seasonings, taste, and add the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg white until soft peaks form.
- Remove the vegetable puree to a bowl, and fold in the egg whites, a little at a time.
- Pour into the casserole dish, and top with half the parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes,
- Remove from the oven, add the pecans and rest of the cheese, return to the oven and bake until firm, approximately 10 minutes longer.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45