A great low carb alternative, cauliflower and parsnip puree baked into a fluffy souffle and topped with pecan and parmesan.
1 Head of Cauliflower, approximately 1.5 Lb.
4 large Parsnips, approximately 1.5 Lb.
6 Eggs, separated
4 oz Cream Cheese
½ tsp. Lake Barkley Fried Chicken Seasoning
1 tsp. Salt
½ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
½ cup Pecans, chopped
- Separate the cauliflower into large florets, and peel and chop the parsnips.
- Heat a large steamer pot and steam the vegetables until soft.
- Prepare a 10-inch casserole dish with butter.
- Puree the vegetables in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and seasonings, taste, and add the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg white until soft peaks form.
- Remove the vegetable puree to a bowl, and fold in the egg whites, a little at a time.
- Pour into the casserole dish, and top with half the parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes,
- Remove from the oven, add the pecans and rest of the cheese, return to the oven and bake until firm, approximately 10 minutes longer.