A fresh take on chicken salad, serve with Tangy Wasabi Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 Chicken, Roasted
- 1 Asian Pear, small diced
- 1 English Cucumber, small diced
- 2 Celery Ribs, small diced
- 4 Spring Onion stalks, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley, finely diced
- 1/4 Lemon
- 1 Cup Quinoa, cooked
- 2 Heads Butter Lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp. Sesame & Vegetable Seasoning
- 1 recipe Tangy Wasabi Buttermilk Dressing
Roast the Chicken; preheat the oven to 375F, season the chicken with salt, pepper and one tablespoon of olive oil. Place on a roasting pan, and roast for 45 minute, breast side down. Flip and roast a further 45 minutes.
Allow to cool enough to handle, shred chicken, discard the bones or reserve to make home made broth.
While the chicken roasts, prepare the Salad ingredients and the Tangy Wasabi Buttermilk Dressing. Toss the salad ingredients with a squeeze of lemon and the chopped parsley.
Toss the warm chicken with just enough dressing to coat. Serve immediately, or allow to chill.
To serve, assemble each plate or a large platter with lettuce, top with a little quinoa, the chicken salad, Asian pear, cucumber and celery.
Sprinkle with the sesame shake and serve with extra dressing on the side.
Ready roast deli chicken can be substituted.
- Serving Size: 1