Sweet citrus wedges, quick marinated, complemented by bitter greens and salty feta and topped with crispy prosciutto & citrus balsamic vinaigrette
8 oz Mixed Greens, Arugula, Watercress, Spinach
2 Green Onions, finely sliced
4 oz Prosciutto, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Feta crumbles
1 tsp. Ghee or Olive oil
¼ cup fresh Orange & Grapefruit Juice
1 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice plus 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
3 Tbsp. White Balsamic or Champagne Vinegar
1/3 cup Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt, to taste
- Peel the oranges and grapefruit, and working over a bowl to catch the juices, segment the fruit, and squeeze remaining juice from the rinds to use for the dressing.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, vinegar, and salt to the bowl, and add the olive oil in steady stream, whisking constantly, until emulsified.
- Add the citrus segments to the dressing for a quick marinade.
- Place the mixed greens in a bowl, tear into bite sized pieces, remove stems.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, add a little ghee, add the prosciutto, and sauté until crispy, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add the green onions, sauté a few minutes more.
- Toss the salad greens with just enough dressing to coat and divide among individual plates.
- Spoon the citrus segments over the greens, and top with the prosciutto and green onions.
- Finish with the feta crumbles.
*Should you wish to omit the grapefruit, any combination of citrus such as tangerines or Minneola’s will work for this recipe.