Coconut Avocado Key Lime Pie
Avocado and coconut create a rich, creamy base for this delectable no bake key lime pie, without tasting like avocado! The coconut cream topping keeps the dish dairy free.
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 12
- Category: Desserts
Pie Crust Ingredients:
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup unsulphured coconut flakes
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon lime zest
3 drops lime essential oil (optional)
2 tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup
1/2 teaspoon Smart Monk 100% Monkfruit extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 can coconut cream, chilled
1 tablespoon Monk Zero powdered sugar.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the pie crust ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until combined.
- Grease a circular cake springform pan lightly with coconut oil and press the mixture on to the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan; it does not need to be even.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness, adjust as needed.
- Pour into chilled pie crust, and place back in the fridge to set for at least two hours.
- The pie can be served semi-frozen
- Whip the remaining coconut cream with the sweetener and vanilla until soft peaks form
- Serve topped on slices of pie, garnished with lime slices and mint leaves.
Adjust the sweetness according to taste, a little goes along way. I prefer to use a both maple syrup and monk fruit together for taste, monk fruit can be used alone.
Keywords: coconut avocado key lime pie, monk fruit, smart monk, healthy sweeteners