Avocado and coconut create a rich, creamy base for this delectable no bake key lime pie, without tasting like avocado! The coconut cream topping keeps the dish dairy free.
Pie Crust Ingredients:
1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
1 cup Pecans
1/4 cup Almond Flour
1/2 cup Unsulphured Coconut Flakes
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
3 medium ripe Avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup Coconut Cream
1/3 cup fresh Lime Juice
1 Tbsp. Lime Zest
3 drops Lime Essential Oil (optional)
2 Tbsp. Grade B Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp. Smart Monk 100% Monkfruit extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 can Coconut Cream, chilled
1 Tbsp. Monk Zero powdered sugar.
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place all the pie crust ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until combined.
- Grease a circular cake springform pan lightly with coconut oil and press the mixture on to the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan; it does not need to be even.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness, adjust as needed.
- Pour into chilled pie crust, and place back in the fridge to set for at least two hours.
- The pie can be served semi-frozen
- Whip the remaining coconut cream with the sweetener and vanilla until soft peaks form
- Serve topped on slices of pie, garnished with lime slices and mint leaves.
Adjust the sweetness according to taste, a little goes along way. I prefer to use a both maple syrup and monk fruit together for taste, monk fruit can be used alone.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: coconut avocado key lime pie, monk fruit, smart monk, healthy sweeteners