A new spin to dinner with a reverse breaded technique yielding delicate cutlets, with lemon, honey and a hint of mint.
4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
½ cup Gluten Free Flour
¼ cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp. Hidden Cove Lemon Seasoning or seasoning of choice
6 Eggs, beaten with 2 Tbsp. water
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ stick Butter
½ cup Chicken Broth
2 tsp. Raw Honey
1 tsp. Mint, finely diced
2 tsp. Parsley, more for garnish, finely diced
2 tsp. Salt, as needed
¼ cup Coconut Oil, as needed, for cooking.
- Cut Chicken breasts on the bias 1″ apart, place on a cutting board, cover with a large heavy-duty plastic bag and pound out gently with a mallet.
- Season and mix together the flour
- In a separate bowl beat together eggs, water, ½ tsp sea salt, mint, parsley, and 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Squeeze the lemons and set aside.
- Place a large plate or baking sheet in a warmer or low oven.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add approximately 2 tsp coconut oil to coat the pan.
- Working in batches, quickly dip the chicken breasts first in the flour, then the egg wash, and fry until golden, approximately 1 minute per side.
- Remove to serving plate to keep warm, heat more oil and continue until all chicken is done.
- Make the Reduction Sauce:
- Turn heat up and add the lemon juice to pan, reduce by half.
- Add the broth, mustard and honey, simmer a few minutes longer.
- Beat in the butter a knob at a time until emulsified.
- Spoon sauce over chicken pieces, serve with quinoa, mashed potato or rice and green salad.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
Keywords: pasture raised chicken; pasture raised eggs; thames farm