Detox Chicken & Pineapple Broth Bowl
The key to this dish is homemade chicken broth, preferably from organic chicken (see recipe below). Don’t let the long list of ingredients deter you from making this wonderful detoxifying, healing soup; the taste is a flavor treat!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Soups
2 chicken breasts; sliced diagonally in strips
2 cups fresh pineapple small dice
3 cups fresh pineapple, rough chop.
¼ cup shallots, finely diced
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2-inch stalk lemongrass; crushed
1 tablespoon fresh ginger; finely grated
2 cloves garlic; minced
3 tablespoons roasted red chili paste
1 tablespoon red curry paste
10 cups chicken homemade chicken broth
2 tablespoons fish sauce
¼ cup Organic Tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons coconut Oil
3 spring onion; cut on bias
¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
¼ cup basil; cut into chiffonade
l lime juiced, plus 1 teaspoon zest
- Place the rough chop pineapple and 2 cups chicken broth in the blender and blend well.
- Strain through a fine sieve and set aside. (if you have a high-speed blender no need to strain)
- Place a large pot over medium heat, add a little coconut oil, add the shallots and garlic, sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms sauté until browned.
- Add the chili, curry pastes and ginger, stir a minute, add the chicken broth.
- Add the chicken broth, pineapple broth and lemongrass, bring to a slow simmer, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cook until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add Tamari sauce and fish sauce, discard lemongrass stalk.
- Divide into large, deep soup bowls and garnish with lime juice and zest, green onion, cilantro and basil.
Keywords: detox soup, detoxifying soup, healing soup, autoimmune, Asian broth bowl, detox