Chicken broth is so popular for it’s healing properties, but can be rather pricey, and often tasteless store bought.
This method fr making chicken broth yields great results, and is economical.
- 2 Gallons Filtered water
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs or similar brand)
- 1 Organic Whole Chicken, roasted dark meat chicken parts, chicken carcasses or combination of the above.
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 3 ribs Celery, rough diced
- 3 Carrots, peeled, rough diced
- 1/2 bunch Parsley tied with string.
- 1 head Garlic, halved
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Cut the chicken open along the back, splay open and place on a large roasting pan.
- Roast until golden brown, approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- When cool enough to handle, strip off the breast meat, and most of the dark meat, set aside or freeze for a future recipe.
- Place the chicken and all other ingredients in a large stockpot and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Skim the foamy fat off the top off the pot with a ladle.
- Let the stock simmer gently for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Cool, strain and discard the solids.
- Pour into freezer safe Mason Jars or containers, refrigerate or freeze.
There are many methods to make chicken broth, all of which yield great results.
- The first is to use a whole raw chicken, and simmer that, I prefer to strip off the chicken breast and use it in another recipe.
- The second is to use dark meat chicken parts or carcasses, roast those in a 450F oven with no oil until well browned about 45 minutes to an hour, this makes ‘express’ stock as it cooks faster.
- The third is to use the carcasses saved from roast chicken.
- Any combination of the above will work.
Keywords: chicken bone broth, roasted chicken broth