The essential Guajillo sauce is the magic for these delicious family friendly enchiladas.
- 3 pounds Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee or Oil
- 3 cups Guajillo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 2 cups Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 cups Long Grain Rice
- 1 cup Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 3 cups Water
- 2 cups Zucchini, small dice
- 2 cups Red and Orange Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 cup Red Onion, diced
- 8 large Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Cheese, Mozzarella and Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- Cilantro, diced
Prepare the beef:
- Preheat a large Dutch oven, pat the beef dry, add a little ghee and brown on all sides.
- Add the red wine, salt and one cup of the Guajillo Sauce
- Place in a 325F oven, lid on, for two to three hours, turning and basting the meat, cook until fork tender.
- Cut the meat into large slices and shred, taste for salt.
- Prepare the Rice:
- Cook the rice with the tomato and water according to package directions.
- Saute the vegetables in a large skillet until tender but still firm.
- Toss with the rice
- To Assemble:
- Spread a little Guajillo sauce in a large casserole dish
- Place a large spoonful of rice on a tortilla, top with the meat, roll up, place seam side down and tuck in the ends.
- Repeat, and top with the Guajillo sauce.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese and queso fresco over the top.
- Bake in a 400F oven until hot and bubbly.
- Optional, serve with sour cream.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 3 hours