One of the top questions I get asked is ‘how do you put together a three-course meal and still get to enjoy the party’?
Here’s a timeline ‘how to’ post to help you put the whole thing together and not arrive at the table frazzled!
Step by Step Menu Prep Instructions
- Begin with the dessert, this can be made up to five days ahead of time.
- Prepare all the produce for both the salad and the main entrée:
- Segment the citrus for both the salad and main entrée sauce, catching the juices as you work, squeeze out the rinds, and squeeze enough juice for both recipes.
- Prepare the salad dressing, and place the segmented oranges in the dressing, this will hold up fine up to 8 hours.
- Prepare the salad greens in a large bowl ready to toss, prep the green onions and feta, place it all back in the fridge.
- Chop and prep the garlic, onions, and all the ingredients for the main entrée and side dish.
- Move on to the chicken, slice and pound out the chicken fillets, layer on a plate, this can be done up to one day ahead.
- Place the flours in a bowl, season.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs.
- LET’S GET COOKING!
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Heat a skillet and sauté the potatoes until golden but still firm, move to the oven to finish cooking.
- Heat another skillet and sauté the prosciutto and green onions, move to a bowl, and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet, add more oil and begin cooking the chicken in batches, moving to an oven-safe platter as you work.
- Place the chicken in the oven, turn the heat down to 250F, and give the potatoes a stir, they should be done by now.
- Make the sauce, move the pan aside, cover and keep warm
- Move the potatoes to the burner, add the spinach and seasoning, sauté until done, cover, and set aside.
- Make the ‘Citrus Bliss’ cocktail
- Plate the salad and enjoy.
- Plate the main entrée and enjoy it.
- Serve dessert.