Ginger Peach & Chicken Salad with Whipped Feta
Sweet summer peaches, a gingery dressing over peppery greens, finished with salty whipped feta; a sublime plate!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- Category: Salads
For the Dressing:
2 Tablespoons fresh Lime Juice, plus zest
2 Tablespoons Organic Gluten Free Tamari Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon freshly grated Ginger
2 drops Stevia or 2 tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
1 cup Olive Oil
For the Whipped Feta:
1 Lb. Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup Olive Oil
For the Salad:
3 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup sesame ginger vinaigrette
3 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
8oz mixed greens
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Prepare the dressing;
- Blend all ingredients except the olive oil.
- While whisking, slowly add olive oil to allow to emulsify.
- Prepare the chicken;
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish, and cover with a little dressing.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, allow to chill completely and slice into thin slices
- Prepare the whipped feta;
- Place the crumbled feta in a small bowl food processor or blender jug, with the motor running add the olive oil in a steady stream until the feta has a smooth whipped consistency.
- Briefly marinate the peaches in a little dressing
- Place the lettuce on a large platter and layer the chicken and peaches over.
- Using two spoons, place neat scoops of the whipped feta around the plate.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and almonds.
Keywords: Peaches, Chicken, Whipped Feta, Ginger Peach Chicken Salad