Grapefruit, Fennel & Apple Detox Salad with Bitter Greens & Citrus Vinaigrette
Crunchy, crisp salad, the perfect balance between sweet, sour, salty & hot. Fennel lends a liquorice flavor which is balanced with the citrus flavors
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6
- Category: salad
¼ cup fresh Orange Juice
2 tablespoons fresh Lime juice, plus 1 teaspoon zest
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Raw Honey
2 teaspoons fresh ginger — finely grated
1 teaspoon Paprika, to taste
¼ teaspoon Salt, to taste
1/2 Fennel bulb, sliced finely
2 Grapefruit, red ruby segments
1 Apple, Granny Smith, finely sliced
2 medium Carrots, shaved
1/4 cup Radish, finely sliced
½ cup Cilantro, rough chopped
4 stalks Spring Onion, julienne
1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
4 oz Baby Arugula and Kale
4 oz Red and Green Oak leaf lettuce
- Toss together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Peel the grapefruit and working over the bowl with a small paring knife remove the whole segments.
- Squeeze the remaining juice into the dressing bowl. Adjust dressing for sweet or salty.
- Using a mandolin slicer or sharp knife finely slice the remaining salad ingredients and toss through the dressing immediately.
- Add the lettuce leaves and herbs right before serving.
This salad can be made with a variety of ingredients such as sliced bok choy, cucumber and sliced snow peas.
Keywords: detox salad, bitter foods, detox, grapefruit, fennel