Living gluten free does not mean deprivation from delicious pie toppings! This easy recipe yields a soft biscuit-y topping that can be adapted for many recipes.
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- ½ tsp. Dry Mustard Powder
- 12 Tbsp. (1 ½ sticks) Butter, cold
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and cut the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter or your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Whisk together the egg and milk, and blend with the flour mixture, until a soft dough is formed.
- Drop spoonful’s on to the hot stew and bake at 400 F for 30 minutes or until done, depending on size of the dish.
- This recipe can be prepared as individual servings or one big family style dish, adjust cooking time accordingly.
- I used King Arthur Gluten Free Flour Blend, different brands may have more, or less moisture, adjust until a soft, biscuit spoonable dough is achieved.