Anti-inflammatory, immune boosting super food ingredients meet to create a delicious soup with a turmeric, ginger and coconut milk.
- 1 medium head Cauliflower, broken into florets
- 5–6 Tbsp. Coconut or Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 1-inch fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 cups dried Red Lentils
- 1 15 ounce can Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp. dried Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. Savory Spice Store Indochina Blend*
- 8 cups Chicken Bone Broth or Vegetable Broth
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F, place the cauliflower on a roasting pan and roast until golden, stirring once or twice, approximately 35 minutes total; set aside.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat, add the coconut oil and the chopped onion.
- Cook, scraping the bottom to scrape up the brown bits. Once the onion begins to caramelize, add the garlic, and add a few teaspoons of water at a time to the pan to release the brown ‘fond’.
- Stir in the ginger and spices.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, cauliflower and red lentils.
- Let the soup come to a gentle simmer for about 20 minutes, until the lentils are softened.
- Puree until smooth or leave chunky.
- Taste the soup and adjust seasoning, to taste.
- To serve: divide soup among bowls and garnish with toasted coconut, or chopped herbs.
Indochina is a wonderful curry type blend, any favorite curry bland can be substituted.
- Category: Soup
Keywords: Anti-Inflammatory, Immune Boosting, Golden Milk, Turmeric