Soaked cashews are the base for this amazingly creamy sauce, the base recipe can be used for sweet or savory sauces.
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews Pieces
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Jalapeno Canned
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos or Tamari Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- Cover the raw cashew nut in filtered water and allow to soak for 3 -4 hours. Drain, rinse well, and place in a high speed blender jug.
- Add enough filtered water to cover the cashews.
- Add the cilantro, jalapeno and seasonings. Blend until creamy, approximately three to four minutes.
- Add more water if too thick, taste for seasoning.
by Carol Green
- This sauce is delicious as a topping for the Bountiful Bowl, as a dip or a dressing for tacos.
- To achieve the creamy consistency a high speed blender is needed.
This versatile recipe is a key component to the ‘Bountiful Bowls’‘ recipe!