Cool down in the summer heat with a light, refreshing salad. Ribbons of sugar cube melon and zucchini pop with fresh basil, mint and cilantro, lightly dressed with an Asian style sesame ginger dressing.Print
Melon & Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
Ribbons of zucchini and melon pop with an explosion of fresh herbs and complimented with a sesame ginger dressing for this cool summer salad.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Salads
4 medium zucchini
1 sugar cube melon, or half a canteloupe
3 stems green onion, finely chopped
6 mint leaves, finely chopped
8 large basil leaves, chiffonade cut
4 stems cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus zest
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Prepare the dressing; whisk together all the ingredients except the oils in a bowl.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking, until emulsified. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad; Using a spiralizer, create ribbons of zucchini.
- Place in a bowl, add enough dressing to coat and set aside to marinate.
- Using a sharp vegetable peeler, create fine ribbons with the melon.
- Add the melon to the zucchini, toss through with the herbs and serve.
I love this ‘pencil sharpener’ style vegetable spiralizer, it makes quick work of producing perfect zucchini ribbons, plus comes bundled with a vegetable peeler included.
Keywords: zucchini & melon salad, spiralized salad, summer salad