Cool down in the summer heat with a light, refreshing salad. Ribbons of sugar cube melon and zucchini pop with fresh basil, mint and cilantro, lightly dressed with an Asian style sesame ginger dressing.
This week I took a trip out to Bush ‘n Vine Farm in York, SC, and created this lovely salad for CN2 News Today Show, with their fresh produce grown on the farm.
Thank you to Indira Eskieva from CN2 News Today Show for having me on your show! Click here to watch the segment.Print
Melon & Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
Ribbons of zucchini and melon pop with an explosion of fresh herbs and complimented with a sesame ginger dressing for this cool summer salad.
4 medium Zucchini
1 Sugar Cube Melon, or half a Canteloupe
3 stems Green Onion, finely diced
6 Mint Leaves, finely diced
8 large Basil Leaves, chiffonade cut
4 stems Cilantro, finely diced
2 Tbsp. fresh Lime Juice, plus zest
2 Tbsp. Tamari Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp. Ginger, finely grated
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tsp. Honey
1 tsp. Fish Sauce
1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup Olive Oil
2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- Prepare the dressing; whisk together all the ingredients except the oils in a bowl.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking, until emulsified. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad; Using a spiralizer, create ribbons of zucchini.
- Place in a bowl, add enough dressing to coat and set aside to marinate.
- Using a sharp vegetable peeler, create fine ribbons with the melon.
- Add the melon to the zucchini, toss through with the herbs and serve.
I love this ‘pencil sharpener’ style vegetable spiralizer, it makes quick work of producing perfect zucchini ribbons, plus comes bundled with a vegetable peeler included.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salads
Keywords: zucchini & melon salad, spiralized salad, summer salad