The thrill of hearing “you’ve won”!
Recently I was the lucky recipient of an amazing hamper of products courtesy of Mulay’s Sausages, and boy, was I in for a wonderful surprise!
My prize box arrived, generously filled with a variety of delicious sausages, franks, and meatballs, which I’ve had great fun creating new recipes with!
The Mulay’s Difference
The best surprise of all, was learning all about the Mulay’s difference. A 28-year-old women-owned company, Mulay’s has been making clean, gluten-free, allergy-friendly products from traditional family recipes since way before it was on trend!
Mulay’s products are made from the highest quality, antibiotic-free Heritage pork, with only top-quality spices added and nothing else, no fillers, and no sugar. Certified free of the top 8 allergens, these products are made with love and integrity and it shows in the taste!
Bangers and Mash, the ultimate comfort food
On opening my prize box, I was instantly transported back to my childhood, with the discovery of a pack of British Bangers ! Growing up in South Africa, we have a strong British culture and heritage, and the comfort food dish of ‘Bangers and Mash’ featured quite often on the boarding school menu and at home.
Officially the most loved British comfort food, according to Britannica.com
“The term bangers supposedly originated during World War I, when meat shortages resulted in sausages’ being made with a number of fillers, notably water, that caused them to explode when cooked”
No concerns about exploding sausages with Mulay’s filler free products!
I recreated my childhood meal with an on trend healthy recipe update, with an autoimmune friendly white sweet potato mash and a gluten-free onion gravy, yum!
I can’t wait to share more recipes with you, and I’d like to invite you to win a hamper of Mulay’s products too!
Win Your Own Prize Hamper!
On September 12th, I am hosting a virtual, live meal planning cooking class, and Mulay’s Sausages have not only sponsored products for me to use but also donated a prize hamper filled with products to one lucky winner!!
Click here to save your seat and secure the limited early bird discount!
I look forward to seeing you in class, enjoy the recipe!
Order Mulay products anytime with a 5% discount used code TOH5 at check out.Print
Healthy British Banger’s & Mash with Onion Gravy
The ultimate comfort food, British Bangers and mash made healthy with Mulay’s allergy free sausages, low inflammatory white sweet potatoes and delicious gluten free onion gravy.
1 12 oz package Mulay’s British Bangers
1 Tbsp. Ghee or Olive Oil
Gluten Free Onion Gravy:
1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 tsp. Savory Spice Barnegat Bay Seasoning
1 tsp. fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Gluten Free Flour
2 Tbsp. Water
2 tablespoons Butter, cubed
Salt, to taste
White Sweet Potato Mash:
2Lb. White Sweet Potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/3 cup Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp. Butter, cubed
Salt, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover in cold water, bring to a gentle simmer and cook until fork tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, add a little fat and cook the sausages until evenly browned on all sides, approximately 10 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook on medium low heat until softened. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, stir until evaporated.
- Add the broth and seasonings to the pan, bring to a simmer.
- In a small ramekin, mix together the flour and water until smooth.
- While whisking constantly, blend the flour slurry into the hot sauce, cook, stirring until thickened.
- Add salt to taste.
- Finish the mash; drain the water and mash the potatoes using a potato ricer or masher.
- Blend in the butter and hot chicken broth the desired consistency, salt to taste.
- Serve with the sausages over the mash and topped with gravy along with green vegetable of choice.