The ultimate comfort food, British Bangers and mash made healthy with Mulay’s allergy free sausages, low inflammatory white sweet potatoes and delicious gluten free onion gravy.
1 12 oz package Mulay’s British Bangers
1 Tbsp. Ghee or Olive Oil
Gluten Free Onion Gravy:
1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 tsp. Savory Spice Barnegat Bay Seasoning
1 tsp. fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Gluten Free Flour
2 Tbsp. Water
2 tablespoons Butter, cubed
Salt, to taste
White Sweet Potato Mash:
2Lb. White Sweet Potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/3 cup Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp. Butter, cubed
Salt, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover in cold water, bring to a gentle simmer and cook until fork tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, add a little fat and cook the sausages until evenly browned on all sides, approximately 10 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook on medium low heat until softened. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, stir until evaporated.
- Add the broth and seasonings to the pan, bring to a simmer.
- In a small ramekin, mix together the flour and water until smooth.
- While whisking constantly, blend the flour slurry into the hot sauce, cook, stirring until thickened.
- Add salt to taste.
- Finish the mash; drain the water and mash the potatoes using a potato ricer or masher.
- Blend in the butter and hot chicken broth the desired consistency, salt to taste.
- Serve with the sausages over the mash and topped with gravy along with green vegetable of choice.