Lovely as a brunch or lunch, a fabulous salad with sliced omelet over lightly dressed buttery lettuce and lemon vinaigrette dressing
For the salad:
Yield 6 servings
6 fresh Eggs
1/2 tsp. dried Mixed Herbs
1/4 tsp. Paprika
8 Basil Leaves, chiffonade cut
Pinch Sea Salt
1 4oz log Goats’ Cheese, crumbled
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil or Ghee for cooking
10 Spears Asparagus
12 oz Mixed Salad
For the dressing:
¼ cup fresh Lemon Juice
¼ cup Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Olive Oil
2 drops Stevia or 1 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. fresh Parsley, diced
Prepare the dressing:
- Blend all ingredients except the olive oil.
- While whisking, slowly add olive oil to allow to emulsify
- Set aside
Prepare the Salad:
- Beat the eggs well, add in seasonings
- Prepare and set aside the salad
- Prepare the asparagus; lightly steam and slice on the diagonal.
- Heat pan to medium high, add a little coconut oil.
- Pour egg mixture in to form a thin layer. With heat proof spatula, lift edges to allow egg to run underneath.
- When almost set, sprinkle with goat’s cheese and basil
- Using a spatula, roll up the omelet and slide onto a board, slice into 2cm pieces.
- Toss salad with dressing, serve asparagus and omelet roll pieces on top.
Any blend of lettuce to your liking can be used.
- Category: Salads