Any firm white fish will work well in this recipe; wrapping the fish in prosciutto retains the moisture and adds a lovely crisp; the sweetness of late summer peaches and a pomegranate glaze are the perfect finish.
Ingredients for The Sauce:
- 16 fl. oz Pomegranate Juice
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice plus 1 tsp. zest
Ingredients for The Kebabs:
- 24oz Halibut, Cod, Snapper (any firm white fish)
- 3 firm, ripe Peaches, cut into 6 slices each
- 9 slices Prosciutto
- 2 large Zucchini, cut into 2-inch slices
- ¼ cup Basil leaves, chiffonade cut
- 1 tsp Savory Spice Store Za-Atar seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Prepare the Sauce:
- Place the juice in a small saucepan, and simmer until reduced down to 1/3 of volume.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
- Prepare the Kebabs:
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat
- Cut the fish into 2” cubes, and cut the prosciutto in two lengthways
- Wrap each piece of fish with a piece of prosciutto.
- Thread the ingredients onto the skewers, alternating fish, a slice of peach and zucchini, approximately 3 pieces of fish per skewer.
- Brush each skewer with a little olive oil and season with salt.
- Grill over medium high heat, turning often, until fish is cooked through, approximately 10 to 15 minutes cooking time
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the Za-Atar seasoning.
Drizzle with the glaze and scatter over the basil leaves.
- 6 large metal skewers, or large wooden skewers presoaked
- Outdoor grill or stove top grill pan