Red Mole Braised Beef Tacos with Charred Red Pepper Crèma & Slaw
Tender beef slow simmered in a rich complex Mole sauce, with chocolate and featuring the Savory Spice Mole blend, simply delicious!
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 90
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12
Red Mole Beef:
4 Lbs. Grass-fed Chuck Roast
2 Tbsp. Savory Spice Shop Mole Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Savory Spice Store Mexican Cocoa Blend
2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
4 cups Beef Broth
½ cup White Wine
Salt, to taste
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil or Ghee
Jicama, Beet & Bok Choy Slaw
2 cups Shredded Jicama
3 cups Shredded Bok Choy
1 cup Shredded Red Beet
4 red Radishes, shredded
2 Limes, juiced and zested
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Mexican Spice
Charred Red Pepper Crèma
2 large Red Bell Peppers
1 cup raw Cashews
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Mexican spice
Prepare the beef:
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add the fat and sear the beef on all sides, until well browned, at least 15 minutes.
- Add the broth, wine, tomato and spices, place lid on and place in the oven for 2 to 3 hours.
- Every hour or so, turn and baste the meat.
- Remove from the oven when fork tender, allow to cool.
- Shred the meat finely, and combine with the reserved juices.
Prepare the cashew crema:
- Soak cashews in filtered water for 4 to 6 hours. Rinse well and place in high speed blender with enough water to cover, blend to smooth paste.
- Hold bell peppers over an open flame until charred, place in a bag for 10 minutes to loosen the skins, remove skins and seeds.
- Add peppers and rest of ingredients, and process until smooth.
- Check for seasoning
- Toss together the slaw ingredients, taste for seasoning
- Serve with warm tortillas and crumbled Queso Fresco if desired.