Healthy overnight oatmeal, spiced with real pumpkin and healing spices of cinnamon, ginger and turmeric.
2 cups Steel Cut Oats
1 cup Quinoa Cooked
1 ½ cups Pumpkin Puree
8 cups Coconut Milk, or any nut or dairy milk of choice
3 cups Water
1 Tbsp. Honey or Grade B Maple Syrup, to taste
½ tsp. Stevia, to taste
½ tsp. Ginger
½ tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Turmeric
Optional: Raisins, chopped dried fruit or nuts, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds.
- In a large bowl whisk, together all the ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon evenly into pint sized Mason Jars, and place lids on.
- Place the jars in the bowl of the slow cooker, add cold water up until the neck of the jars.
- Set the slow cooker on medium for six hours.
- Once the cooker shuts off, it will hold your breakfast warn until serving time.
- Open carefully and enjoy your portable breakfast!
- Note: the prepped jars can be kept in the fridge for five days until needed, or frozen.
This recipe can be prepared stove top, stir on low heat for approximately 10 minutes until done.