Shaved Fennel & Mango Seafood Slaw
A whole new take on ‘slaw, fresh and crunchy, with a light Asian dressing, and burst of herbs, perfect for summer entertaining.
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 8
- Category: Salads
½ cup fresh Orange juice
1 cup Olive Oil
½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon Honey
1 tablespoon fresh Ginger; finely grated
½ head White Napa Cabbage; finely sliced
½ head Red Cabbage; finely sliced
1 Fennel Bulb finely shaved with a vegetable peeler
1 Mango, firm, finely shaved with a vegetable peeler.
4 Spring Onions, sliced
1 Sprig Mint, finely julienned
4 Sprigs Cilantro, finely chopped
3 tablespoons toasted Sesame Seeds
16oz Faroe Island Salmon
1-pound Shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ cup Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, set aside
- Preheat the oven broiler to high
- Prepare the seafood; thread the shrimp on to skewers for easy handling
- Place the salmon and shrimp on a broiler pan, brush lightly with oil, season with salt, and place under the broiler.
- Broil the shrimp for approximately three minutes per side, the salmon for seven to eight minutes
- Remove the shrimp from the skewer, place in a bowl and immediately toss with a little dressing
- Pull apart the salmon into large flakes, and toss with a little dressing
- Mix together salad ingredients, toss with the dressing, and the seafood
- Place on a large platter and sprinkle the sesame seeds over.
- A non-mayonnaise slaw, this is a great make ahead dish, as it can be dressed a couple of hours in advance
- In this recipe the seafood is simply broiled, it can also be grilled for an added touch.
Keywords: Asian seafood slaw, summer slaw