Delicious healthy lean meat, the bison kofta are wonderful served with garlic labneh and a chopped summer salad.
2 Lb Ground Bison
1/4 cup chopped Spring Onion
1 Tablespoon Sambal Oelek
1 Tablespoon Savory Spice Store Oregan Trail Juniper Berry Spice Blend
1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon Salt
Olive Oil, for cooking
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide into 6 portions, form each portion into an oval shape pressed around a flat skewer (see video)
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan, brush the kofta lightly with oil, and grill approximately 10 minutes total, turning a few times.
- Place a generous dollop ‘smear’ of labneh on each plate and drizzle a little olive oil over.
- Place a little mixed salad alongside
- Top with one or two bison kofta
- Garnish with extra herbs.
Special equipment needed: Flat kofta skewers