Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Cranberry Ginger Dressing
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 8
- 3 cups Beets, Red & Yellow, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Parsnips, julienne cut
- 1 cup Carrots, julienne cut
- 2 1/2 cups Sweet Potato, cubed
- 1 cup Roasted Red Onion
- 12 oz fresh kale (preferably Tuscan, and young leaves)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Roasted Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds
- 12 oz fresh or frozen Cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Raw Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 1/2 package Stevia – to taste
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Savory Spice Store Catanzaro seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- In a small sauce pan, place fresh cranberries, water and sugar over medium heat. Let it come to a boil and once the first cranberry pops, simmer for about 5 minutes until all the cranberries pop open, set aside to cool.
- Place the cranberries in a blender, add the vinegars, mustard, lemon juice, oil, seasoning and salt and blend until smooth.
- Add Stevia to taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- To roast the vegetables: cut into even size cubes about 1”. Place in separate roasting pans, coat with a small amount of coconut oil, season with salt and roast at high heat, 450F for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Trim kale by removing stems/stalks and shredding into strips.
- Toss in a bowl with the dressing, working it through with your hands.
- Layer on a platter with the kale topped with the roasted vegetables and finishing with the feta, dried cranberries and seeds.
- Reserve remaining dressing until ready to serve.